Application process for training post accreditation:
- Complete an NTGPE accreditation application form and training post teaching plan. Submit to email@example.com together with supporting documentation for both the training post and potential GP supervisor(s).
- An NTGPE medical educator and program manager will conduct a site visit - this involves a look around the premises and a meeting with the practice manager and GP supervisor to discuss GP registrar training and supervision requirements and answer questions.
- A report from the site visit, plus the training post and supervisor(s) accreditation applications and supporting documentation are then brought before the NTGPE accreditation committee for consideration of accreditation, in line with the RACGP and ACRRM standards. NTGPE tries to accredit all training posts and supervisors for both RACGP and ACRRM, if eligible. Restrictions and conditions may apply.
- Training posts and supervisors will then be sent a letter from the NTGPE accreditation committee advising of the outcome of their application.
- Reaccreditation is required every 3 years.
- A similar accreditation process exists for extended skills posts, advanced skills training and advanced rural skills training terms, however application forms differ. Please contact the accreditation team if you have queries about the accreditation process for these placements.