An interactive face-to-face workshop designed for newly accredited GP supervisors in the NT; this workshop discusses the GP supervisor role, and introduces key teaching activities (formal, informal and feedback based) that are undertaken to ensure the safety of patients under the care of GP registrars in training.
Please note: This Foundation GP Supervisor Workshop is available to NT based GP supervisors by invitation only.
• Identify the key roles and responsibilities involved in supervising GP registrars
• List the organisational frameworks involved in supervising GP registrars
• Show an increased awareness and use of a range of educational resources to facilitate knowledge development
• Develop skills in formal and informal teaching and providing learner central feedback
• Describe the systematic educational approaches used by GP supervisors that encourage continuous training of GP registrars, to improve their knowledge, skills and attitudes, and minimise risk in patient care
CPD / PDP points obtained with the completion of a predisposing activity (prior to workshop) and reinforcing activity (after the workshop).