NTGPE is giving 15 medical students the chance to join our 2019 cultural immersion camps.
The winners will learn about Australia’s 60,000-year-old Aboriginal culture from elders and NTGPE’s cultural educators; explore the monumental landscapes of Kakadu National Park; visit Aboriginal rock art galleries; gather, taste and cook bush tucker, and learn about traditional medicines.
NTGPE host cultural immersion camps to help health professionals gain an understanding of Aboriginal culture. This is a highly valuable experience for those with a keen interest in rural and remote health.
Dr Emma Ellis
I cannot recommend this camp enough. It gave me a unique insight into modern and traditional Indigenous life and is invaluable for anyone planning to work in the NT.
Applications now open and close 31 March 2019.
- Who can apply?
This scholarship is open to all medical students studying in Australia. NTGPE will select 10 medical students studying outside of the Northern Territory and 5 medical students studying in the Northern Territory.
NTGPE will provide travel support for those travelling from interstate. Please see terms and conditions.
- When are the camps?
The four-day camps are being held:
- 13–16 June 2019
- 20–23 June 2019
- 27–30 June 2019
- Where are the camps held?
The camp is held at the Billabong Safari Camp, 70km downstream of the world-famous Jim Jim Falls in the beautiful Kakadu National Park. Kakadu National Park is about 250km southeast of Darwin.
- When do applications open?
Applications open 8:00am 18 March 2019 and close 5:00pm 31 March 2019 (ACST)
- How do I apply?
1. Agree to terms and conditions
2. Complete the online application - link here.
- When will I find out the outcome of my application?
Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application via email by 30 April, 2019.
- Terms and conditions of scholarship
- To apply, applicants must complete the online application
- Entry is open to all medical students studying in Australia
- Applications open 8:00am 18 March 2019 and close 5:00pm 31 March 2019 (ACST)
- There are ten scholarships available for medical students studying outside of the Northern Territory and five scholarships available for Northern Territory medical students
- Applicants must be free to travel between the camp dates. Camp one: 13–16 June 2019, camp two: 20–23 June 2019 or camp three: 27–30 June 2019
- If for unforeseen circumstances the camp is cancelled, or camp dates are changed which results in the applicant no longer being able to attend, NTGPE will provide them with an alternative Northern Territory cultural experience
- NTGPE will support travel expenses for applicants applying from interstate. Travel expenses include return airfares, accommodation expenses (if needed outside of the camp) up to the value of $2000 plus all camp expenses
- Travel and accommodation will be selected and booked by NTGPE
- Personal expenses, including meals, are not covered other than what is included with the camp
- Scholarships are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash
- NTGPE will notify successful applicants via email by 30 April 2019
- Whilst best efforts will be made to contact the winners, in the event that for any reason the winners cannot be notified after reasonable attempts, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant
- Successful applicants must provide a short report at the end of the camp and be willing to participate with marketing requests