Eligibility for the AGPT program is determined by the Department of Health in relation to your:
- Citizenship status
- Primary medical qualifications
- Medical registration.
If you are on a 457 or TSS 482 visa and want to apply to the AGPT program, you are required to submit a letter of support from a regional training organisation (RTO) along with your AGPT application.
NTGPE supports applicants entering the 2020 AGPT selection with 457 or TSS 482 visas due to the willingness of our training posts to participate in sponsorship or employment of these visa holders. The majority of these training posts are in rural and remote areas and many in remote Aboriginal communities. NTGPE’s offer to support you to enter the selection process for 2020 therefore requires you to make a commitment to train in these areas.
Please provide the below information to NTGPE to enable us to ascertain your suitability to receive a letter of support to apply to AGPT program in the Northern Territory:
- Current CV
- Letter stating why you want to work as a GP and in the Northern Territory
- Provide a copy of primary medical qualification within Australia or New Zealand
- Supply a current/active permanent residency application OR a completed Statutory Declaration
- Supply documentation which confirms when you have received OR expect to have general medical registration
Due to the Easter and ANZAC public holidays, NTGPE requires all applications and supporting documentation to be submitted to email@example.com by Tuesday, 17 April 8:00am NT time
If you have questions about the process or the documents required, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note NTGPE does not manage or have involvement in your ongoing visa requirements or the process you must follow to achieve permanent residency.