Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an evolving international health concern. This page will be updated with NTGPE's latest information as it becomes available.
The information on this page was last reviewed: 19 January 2022
All staff and visitors are directed to not come into the office if you are not fully vaccinated or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, are isolating, or waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test.
NTGPE employ strict adherence to NT Government COVID directives and operate within our COVID safety plan (reference COVID19-CHK-14444).
NTGPE expects that everyone attending our office/events/activities will:
- Be COVID-19 vaccinated as per the relevant and current Northern Territory Chief Health Office directions
- Check-in using The Territory Check In App
- Wear a mask while indoors when you cannot maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other people – AHPPC guidelines on face masks
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water and use hand sanitiser
- Wipe down tables/seats after use with antibacterial wipes
- If experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home and get tested for COVID-19.
Please stay informed: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
NTGPE continues to closely monitor advice given by the NT and Australian Government Departments of Health. We will be continuing to review and modify our approach as new decisions affecting our operations are made and provide regular updates to GP registrars, GP supervisors, training posts, JFPP participants and other stakeholders.
Our focus is the safety of our staff, stakeholders and the community, along with protecting the primary health care workforce in the NT. We are working with the Dept of Health, ACRRM and the RACGP to minimise the impact on GP registrar training and pathway to fellowship.
We are very mindful of the enormous pressure that practices, GP supervisors, GP registrars and patients are currently under, and we want to reassure you that we are here to work with you and support you through this unprecedented and difficult time.
NTGPE are following the Northern Territory Government’s strict border controls across the NT. For further information please see the NTG website for travel requirements.